- Choose an easy to remember username and enter it into the username field. (You will use this each time you log in).
- Enter your email address (to receive password reset instructions if needed).
- Choose a password and enter twice, once each in the “user password” and “confirm password” fields.
- Click Register to add Listing button.
- Once you register, you should be redirected to the Add Directory Listings page.
On the Add Directory Listings page, you will enter your business or organization information.
In order to successfully create your business listing, all sections marked with a red asterisk * must be completed correctly.
- *Title – This is the title for your listing. Most businesses and organizations choose to use their name here.
- *Service Category – Each business/ organization may only be listed in one category. Do your best to select the one best category for your listing. If you believe that your listing should show up in more than 1 category, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request that an additional category (please specify) be added. We will update your listing if we feel the additional category is appropriate.
- *About – Please add a brief description telling readers a little about your business or organization here. Items that might be included are mission, about us, services provided, hours, etc.
- Address, Email, Phone and Website sections are optional and will be displayed if you enter your info here.
- *Featured Image – This image is required and will appear on the main directory page and category pages. Logo or photo of your location or product/service is encouraged.
- Additional image – Optional spot to add another image that will appear below the featured image.
- *Consent – Read terms and conditions, and if you agree, check the box in order to submit your listing.
Once submitted, JCN will review the listing. If approved, it will be added to the site directory at the first available time after approval.
If you are a new user and have never logged in before:
Please use the Register tab on the https://jaynews.org/service-directory/ page.
If you have forgotten your password:
Please go to the https://jaynews.org/jaynewslogin?action=lostpassword page to initiate the password reset process. You will need access to the email account submitted when you registered to complete the process.
If you prefer, we are happy to assist you in uploading your information to the Service Directory. Send the following information (as applicable) to email@example.com and write “Service Directory Submission” in the subject line. We’ll take care of the rest.
Business or Organization Name
Brief Description (100 words) of what you do.
Attachments: You may include up to two images for your listing.
If you need to make changes or updates to your listing:
Please email JCN with a request and updated information. Common update requests include contact or location change, delete listing, business closure, change of products or services offered, etc. Please write “Service Directory Update” in subject line and email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete List of Available Categories
Arts, Culture, History & Entertainment
- Arts & Crafts
- Museums & Art Galleries
Business & Commercial Services
- Cleaning Services
- Contractors, Construction & Construction Supplies
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- Lawn Care
- Painting Service
- Snow Removal & Plowing
Community & Civic Organizations
Computers & IT Technology
Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Beauty Salons/Spas
- Massage Therapy
Home, Farm & Garden
- Farm Stands, Markets & Agriculture
- Maple & Honey Products
Pets & Veterinary
- Accounting, Finance & Insurance
- Advertising, Publishing & Media
- Architectural Design
- Attorneys & Legal Services
- Educational Services
- Funeral & Cremation Services
- Home Health Aide/Adult Services
- Real Estate & Real Estate Services
Restaurants, Food & Beverages
- Coffee shops
- Restaurants & Specialty Dining
Retail & Specialty Retail
- Antiques and furniture
- Gifts & Specialty Items
- Liquor & Wine
- Thrift Stores
Sports, Recreation & Outdoors