JCN Submission Guidelines
Please follow these guidelines for submission of posts to JCN. Posts not following the guidelines will be returned.
1. By submitting a post to the JCN, you are agreeing to our Terms of Service.
2. All submissions MUST begin with a TITLE IN ALL CAPS in the email itself and not in the subject line. Please do not use any formatting or special characters in your post (no emojis!).
3. Please keep posts short and to the point; fewer than 250 words are preferred. We reserve the right to edit all posts.
4. Live links in your submission will not be live in the JCN unless you include the complete URL in the body of the email. No more than two links in each post, please. Web addresses embedded in a JPEG or PDF will not be live.
5. No anonymous posts. Posts must be signed with both first and last names and include the appropriate contact info.
6. Images must be less than 2 mb in size. No more than 2 images per post (photos may be combined by the sender into one image). If more than two images are sent, JCN will determine which will be used.
7. Submitting a flyer as a post is acceptable. It should be a JPEG (preferred) or a PNG, PDF or similar file to ensure your formatting is retained. Flyers should conform to an 8.5 x 11 or smaller size (vertical orientation)
8. To have your post included in the News, it needs to be in by 4 p.m. on the day of publication.
9. You may only submit 1 post per day.
10. You may submit posts more than once but you must resubmit it each day you want it posted, and no more than 2 times in any 7 day period and not 2 days in a row.
11. If you are advertising something for sale, there is a limit of 4 times that the ad can be placed in the News.
12. JCN does not post opinion pieces or general letters, nor does it allow campaign materials. One post announcing candidacy per election (primary and general) is allowed but no further campaigning will be accepted. Announcements of political events are permitted. JCN will provide a forum for a candidate’s positions to be made available to readers prior to elections; watch for the announcement in JCN requesting material in the weeks prior to the election.
If you cannot use the form, submit your post by email to email@example.com
Submit a Post to Appear on JCN
You can submit a JPG, PDF, or DOC file using the form below,
the limit is 2 images or files that are less than 2MB each.If you are attaching a flyer you do not need to fill out the ‘POST’ field in the form